TANDEM BANNER AD UNIT SPECFICIATIONS
Tandem Banner ad unit executions are available in the following in-page banner ad unit combinations:
728x90 and 160x600
728x90 and 300x250
Initial max filesize: 39K (initial load) per in-page banner ad unit
Additional filesize: 961K (subsequent polite stream) per in-page banner ad unit
5 Business Days
All Tandem Banner Ad units MUST be built and served by an approved Rich Media vendor. See preferred Rich Media Partners.
Tandem Banner Execution Must:
- Display pre-expanding/overlay element for no longer than 5 seconds - subject to site approval based on creative execution.
- Only be clickable within the in-page unit (728x90, 300x250, 160x600) ad area. Pre-expanding/overlay element interaction between the tandem ad units cannot be clickable.
- Open a new browser window upon user clickthrough.
- Follow expandable ad specifications if one of the tandem ad units incorporates user initated expansion. Tandem ad executions can only include one user initiated expandable ad unit
- Not have any pre-expanding/overlay element cover or otherwise obscure our logo, navigation bar (both in its collapsed and expanded states), search bar, nor reserved advertiser in-page placements at any time - subject to site approval based on creativeexecution>/li>
- Not pause a primary interaction element as specified by the site (for example, search boxes and primary navigation bars)
- Have a close button with an "X" graphic and the word "CLOSE" promiently and persistently displayed in the top right corner of each of the corresponding ad units at all times at a height/width of no less than 20h x 30w
All audio must be user initiated by click.
All audio enabled ads must have prominently displayed audio controls (mute/unmute)
Must be encoded at a maximum volume of -12db
Can contain auto-initiated video within the specified banner ad dimensions (ie: Video can only occur within the 728x90, 300x250 or 160x600 ad units themselves)
All Video enabled ads must have prominently displayed video controls (play/pause)
If the Tandem banner ad units do not adhere to the specifications listed above it will need to be revised.
MTVN currently does not support the capability to serve Tandem ads in a Run of Site fashion. Currently Tandem ads must be implemented as roadblocks explicitly targeted to specific pages - see specific page/site section restrictions below.
Pre-expanding/overlay functionality MUST be capped at 1 per user per day. Thereafter the tandem banners can still serve but without pre-expansion/overlay functionality unless user initiated by rollover. This functionality MUST be applied on the Creative Agency or Rich Media Vendor side and cannot be controlled by MTVN Digital Ad Ops.
Tandem ad units cannot run on the following without the express approval of site demonstrated by test ads on our site:
MTVN RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REFUSE ANY RICH MEDIA ADVERTISING WITHOUT EXPLANATION, AND TO MODIFY AND/OR APPEND THESE GUIDELINES WITHOUT ADVANCE NOTICE
- Video Pages
- Entry Form Pages
- Voting Pages
- All Tentpole Pages