[Base units that push the Video Wall]
Depending on the execution type, creative developers may need to build or provide the Base Ad Unit in which the the Video Wall/Videostitial unit is spawned from. For Base Ad Units, please adhere to the directions/links below.
If the execution is:
· Linear Video Wall | Auto-Initiated: Base Unit is a Sponsor Slate only: A 640x480 static GIF/JPG with partner logo or branding. The slate is inserted wthin the player at the beginning of the Video Wall ad execution.
· Linear Video Wall | User-Initiated: Base Ad Unit is the Interactive In-Stream Video ad unit. For instructions on how to build the interactive SWF overlay that will spawn the Video Wall select the Interactive In-Stream Video Call-to-Action creative FLA Template on the page.
· Non-Linear Video Wall | User-Initiated: Base Ad Units are any of the Non-Linear Video Overlays [Lower 3rds or Bugs] located on our main Video Products Page. Select link for either the Lower 3rd or Bug [click-to-video or interactive is N/A because the Lower 3rd or Bug will actually spawn the Video Wall instead]. For instructions on how to build a:
· Videostitial [Display | Auto-Initiated]: Base Ad Unit is standard 728x90. Follow specs for standard in banner creative within individual MTVN clusters/sites. 300x250; 160x600 are backup only. This must be a Unicast Unit.
· Display Video Wall | User-Initiated: Base Ad Unit is standard 728x90. Follow specs for standard in banner creative within individual MTVN clusters/sites. 300x250; 160x600 are backup only. This must be a Unicast unit.
VIDEO WALL CREATIVE ASSET SPECIFICATIONS
|Required Design Assets:
[Used to develop the ads]
|1. VIDEO WALL [Flash Creative]
2. VIDEO ASSET [optional – see accepted formats and delivery options below]
4. TRACKING INFORMATION [Click Thru, Event Tracking, 3rd Party Impression / Clicks]
5. CLICK-THRU URL/DESTINATION
Each of the design assets listed above must adhere to the following detailed specifications:
||· Format: Source FLA, Exported SWF [Flash 9, Action Script 3.0 enabled]
· Dimension: 970x546
· Framerate: 18 FPS
· File Size: 300 kb
· Sub Load: External 2 MB .FLV permitted onload
· Video Permitted: Yes
· Video Duration: :30 second max [unless otherwise indicated by MTVN]
· Video Controls - The Ad must contain the following video controls:
· Play / Pause
· Audio On / Off
· Optional Video Controls Include:
· Seek Bar [as requested, default setting for the ability to seek is turned off]
· Time Signature
|VIDEO ASSET [optional]
||Agencies have the option of delivering video assets in two formats; Digital or Hard Copy Tapes. Digital Video assets can be submitted to an FTP site along with creative design assets. All tapes can be delivered to the address listed below so they can be digitized for online use. Please refer to the Asset Submission Guidelines below.
Digital: 640x360 un-compressed, deinterlaced .AVI file; .wmv, .mov, mpeg also accepted [Note: If the submitted format is not an uncompressed .AVI or Beta/Beta SP tape, the quality of the video may be slightly compromised due to the compressed nature of the source. If your format is encoded digitally, please be sure that the file is encoded at the same size or larger than the designed video window.]
Hard Copy Tapes: DigiBeta preferred; Beta or BetaSP accepted
||· PC Fonts: Should be sent as a separate .ZIP file
· MAC Fonts: Should be sent as a separate .SIT file
ASSET SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
||All digital assets can be submitted to the Unicast FTP site.
IMPORTANT: When you have completed uploading the files, please send an email notification to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, and email@example.com with the name and directory of the files to download. CC firstname.lastname@example.org.
FTP Upload For Digital Design Assets:
· FTP: ftp.unicast.com
· Username: mtv
· Password: g1dsp4c
· Directory: please create a new folder and name appropriately
[Hard Copy Tapes]
Hard Copy Tapes are to be shipped to the address listed below:
Metro Encoding, Inc
Attn: Unicast Project
4425 Riverside Dr., Suite 202
Burbank, CA 91505
Phone Number: 818-558-7800
· Clearly identify the starting and end time codes for the videos that need to be converted.
· If you would like your tape returned, please include a message with your account number.