EXPANDABLE AD UNIT SPECFICIATIONS
||728 x 90
||728 x 400
||500 - 5000
||160 x 600
||400 x 600
||300 x 250
||500 x 400
Initial max filesize: 39K (initial load)
Additional max filesize: 961K (subsequent polite stream)
5 Business Days
All Expandable Ad units MUST be built and served by an approved Rich Media vendor. See preferred Rich Media Partners.
Expandable Executions Must:
- Not auto-expand - expansion can occur only on user inititiated click or rollover/mouse-over
- Retract upon rolloff/mouse-off event - unless the user explicitly interacts with the already expanded ad, by clicking on it
- In all cases, include a close button with an "X" graphic and the word "CLOSE" promiently displayed that retracts the ad at a height/width of no less than 20h x 30w
- Not have auto initiated audio. Any sound must be user inititiated by click - not mouse over
- Not expand under our navigation bar, nor site content at any time
- Open a new browser window upon user clickthrough
All audio must be user initiated by click.
All audio enabled ads must have prominently displayed audio controls (mute/unmute)
Must be encoded at a maximum volume of -12db
Can contain auto-start video, in either it's initial or expanded state.
All video enabled ads must have prominently displayed video controls (play/pause)
If the expandable ad unit does not adhere to the specifications listed above it will need to be revised.
Click here to view an example
Click here for downloadable spec .pdf or .xls
Expandable ad units cannot run on the following:
- Video Pages
- On the same page as another expandable ad (for example, you cannot roadblock a page with two expandable ads)
- All pages of tentpole sections
MTVN RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REFUSE ANY RICH MEDIA ADVERTISING WITHOUT EXPLANATION, AND TO MODIFY AND/OR APPEND THESE GUIDELINES WITHOUT ADVANCE NOTICE